State Archives Reading Room
Tuesday to Friday | 9am–5pm
Saturday | 10am–4pm
Closed Mondays and public holidays
Before your visit
- Apply for a readers ticket if you do not already hold one.
- Place a preorder in our online State Archives catalogue for the original archives you plan to use.
Things to remember
- Please bring your own pencils and stationery.
- If you wish to make copies of records we strongly suggest that you bring your own camera/tablet/smartphone or USB. Our paper-based photocopy service is available for a fee.
- If you plan on using a locker please bring your own $2 coin.
- The reading room has a well-equipped readers lounge with free tea and coffee, microwave and fridge, but we recommend that you bring your lunch if you are staying the whole day as there are no shops within easy walking distance – the new shopping centre at Caddens Corner is a hilly 800m walk away.
- Hand sanitiser is available for the safety and wellbeing of our visitors, staff and volunteers.