School groups are welcome to book a teacher-guided visit to our museums.
All school groups must be booked in advance. Site capacities will be strictly enforced to ensure the safety and comfort of all visitors, including students and teachers. School groups will not be admitted if the Museum is at capacity and no prior booking has been made.
Teacher-guided bookings are only available on the days that the museums are open.
Conditions of entry for teacher-guided visits
- Teacher-guided groups receive entry to the museum only. No introductions, tours, or resource materials are provided. Please visit the Houses and Museums page to find out more about the site you wish to visit including the opening days and hours.
- No cloaking facilities are available for teacher-guided groups. We recommend students leave all bags and belongings on the school bus, and travel light with only essential accessibility items only.
- Minimum supervision ratios apply to all teacher-guided groups – 1:10 teachers to primary students and 1:15 for secondary students.
- It is a condition of entry that students are supervised at all times while within the museum. Unsupervised school groups may be asked to leave the museum.
- Visitors, including students, taking part in paid tours or programs will have priority access to exhibits. Teacher-guided groups may be asked to wait or to visit an alternative part of the museum while the program is in progress.
- No food or drink is permitted inside the museum.