Teacher-guided school visits
School groups are welcome to book a teacher-guided visit to our museums.
It is essential that all teacher-guided groups book an entry time to avoid disappointment as our site capacities are limited and busy with paid learning programs. Site capacities will be strictly enforced to ensure the safety and comfort of all visitors, including students and teachers.
For Hyde Park Barracks and Susannah Place general admission museum entry charges apply. All entry must be paid by credit card at the time of booking prior to the admission date. You will be contacted by a staff member to take payment and confirm your booking. Please note we are unable to hold or reserve tickets for Teacher-guided museum general admission bookings.
For all other museums, teacher-guided visits are only available on the days that the museums are open.
Conditions of entry for teacher-guided visits
- Teacher-guided groups receive entry to the museum only. No introductions, tours, or resource materials are provided. Please visit the Houses and Museums page to find out more about the site you wish to visit including the opening days and hours.
- No cloaking facilities are available for teacher-guided groups. We recommend students leave all bags and belongings on the school bus, and travel light with only essential accessibility items only.
- Minimum supervision ratios apply to all teacher-guided groups – 1:10 teachers to primary students and 1:15 for secondary students.
- It is a condition of entry that students are supervised at all times while within the museum. Unsupervised school groups may be asked to leave the museum.
- Visitors, including students, taking part in paid tours or programs will have priority access to exhibits. Teacher-guided groups may be asked to wait or to visit an alternative part of the museum while the program is in progress.
- No food or drink is permitted inside the museum.