Meroogal student tours
About the program
Meroogal is a house museum situated on Yuin country. Handed down through four generations of women, the two-storey-timber and weatherboard house is an example of domestic Gothic Revival architecture.
It holds a collection of almost 4000 objects from skilfully crafted furniture to personal diaries, letters and paperwork; domestic textiles including clothing, intricate lacework and embroidery; and a range of household equipment that illustrates almost 100 years of social and technological change.
Tours are available at Meroogal for students in Stages 4, 5 & 6, exploring aspects of the collection relating to:
- Food technologies
- Textiles technologies
- Industrial technologies – timber
You can alter your booking numbers up until 7 days prior to your visit. We will call you a week before your booking to confirm final numbers and requirements. You will be invoiced for the full cost of your program a week prior to your booking. Payment can be made by Credit Card, EFTPOS or cheque (payable to Historic Houses Trust of NSW). Cancellations made within 7 days of a booking will incur the full cost for the program. Cancellations made within 2 weeks of your visit will be invoiced for 50% of the total booking. Cancellations must be made in writing.
- Please plan to arrive before the start time of your booked program to allow for cloaking, toilet visits and/or a refreshment break for the students. If you arrive late, some elements and activities may need to be cut from the program to keep to the scheduled finish time.
- Large groups will be divided up into smaller groups for activities in the museums.
- Bags, food and drinks are not permitted in the museums and cloaking facilities are provided.
- Photography policies vary between the museums so please ask a member of staff for details.
- Teachers and carers are required to remain with their groups at all times.
- Disciplining students remains the responsibility of teachers and carers accompanying the group.
- Please let us know before your visit if any of your students have special needs or learning difficulties so we can plan to accommodate their needs during the visit.
MeroogalCorner West and Worrigee streets, Nowra NSW 2541. Phone +61 2 4421 8150
- Wheelchair accessible
The supervision ratio is 1:15 for secondary groups. Teachers attend free of charge at these ratios. One carer per student with special needs will be admitted free of charge
Each additional visitor will be charged at the concession rate of $12